Saturday, March 13, 2010

Anxious to Leave

I've finished my finals, and all I can do is think about departing for Italy. That's why I created this blog...11 Days until I take off from Logan Airport and fly across the Atlantic to the rolling hills loaded with vineyards and sunflowers. I know Tuscany isn't going to look the same, as I have never been in March before, but perhaps tourists not shoved in every corner of every city will be a refreshing start to a new life the Italian way. I'm nervous about the slow stature of Italian culture. I'm used to getting things done when I want them done, and I am always on time, but I already know that is one adjustment I am going to have to make. My goal by the end of this blog is to have informed everyone of my travels, and let my family know I'm having a great time and actually learning Italian, so I can speak with them upon my return home. I hope that by the end these blog posts will be written in complete Italian, and without much help from my online translator :) I'm off to my brother's diving competition in NJ now, so maybe the next time I write you will be hearing about my battle with a suitcase and fitting 10 weeks of clothing and school supplies all in it! Fino al prossimo tempo! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment