Monday, April 5, 2010

Buon Giorno!



Ieri noi abbiamo inconrato la nostra classe fuori dell'Uffizi. Era il compleanno della ragazza Cassandra. Sono provare molto duro per scrivere nell'Italiano adesso. E' difficile. Allora, Professor Benjamin ci ha portato a due Galeria Fotografica. Non siamo andati nell' Uffizi encora.

Okay that's enough Italian, takes too long to write and I have to leave for class soon!

Anywho, we met as a class at the Uffizi and Professor took us to two galleries in two hotels near each other. There were beautiful photographs and the hotels themselves were quite high end. Phil pretended he wanted a room for a night at the Hotel Art, and they offered him a room for 200 euro. We were shocked, we thought they would be going for MUCH more. After the galleries, we received our HW assignment, which was to write a journal entry no longer than a page about a photo we liked... loving the work load here ;)

After, because it was Cassie's 21st birthday, Prof Benjamin and Wife took us to their favorite gelateria and treated us all to a 2 euro gelato. SCORE! I got one with Ciocolata e Lampone. Era molto buono!

Sam and I then retreated back to Via Giovanni Fabbroni. I went on a run down the street and around the fortress. First run of Italy. Wasn't too bad because we have been walking everywhere.


I showered before dinner, and for dinner tonight we had a barley and vegetable soup (as the first course). It was really really good, and perfect because we were so cold in the house. For the second plate, we had lots of SPINACH, YUMM and two piece of some kind of fried cheese... Sam is convinced it was american, but I don't think that is possible. I thought it was more than delicious, Sam just kind of liked it, but ate it all anyways. We had some good conversation with Claudia, I made some complex italian sentences when she asked about my Nonna after seeing her yesterday on Skype. All in all a great dinner as usual!

We went out to meet the crew at the Duomo at 10:30, some club promoter said it was "Ladies Night" at the Fish Pub and Ladies got a glass of free champagne. How could I pass that up? Phil, Vish, Sam and I followed the guy back to his club, only to be told they ran out of champagne. Not cool! So we went back to the Duomo and met up with Katie, Avery, Johanna, and Alison, but could not find the others. Sam and I didn't really want to go out, I just wanted a waffle because I had walked past them everyday and had yet to buy one, so we left the group, and walked down the road to find a waffle.

Immediatly as I walked in the store the storekeeper asked if I wanted a waffle and then he just started yelling off everything I could put on it. Before I could even ask about the price I was sidetracked thinking about the chocolate, fruit, whip cream etc. he said he could put on it. I asked for chocolate and fruit. He made it and held it out to me. It looked SO good, until he took me over to the cash register to show me the numbers read 9.00 EURO Shocked, disappointed and pissed, I returned the 5euro I had taken out to pay him back in my wallet, and retrieved a 10 and reluctantly handed it to him.

Sam and I stormed away from the shop, took a picture of me and the 9 FREAKING EURO waffle, that wasn't even that good and we headed home. If the waffle had been 4 euro I don't think I would buy one again, so it was definitely a mistake in my book, but hey we gotta learn somehow right? ALWAYS ASK THE PRICE BEFORE YOU TAKE! If only we were allowed to return food.... I def would have done that! haha.

We were in bed by 12:30, had a quick skype sesh with Lindsay and Mom then set my alarm to wake up at 6:05 as I planned to wake up in time to catch the bus to the river and photograph the sunrise.

Brisk and Chilly this morning, but it was worth seeing the sunrise over the Arno. I took the bus 4 outside our house to SMN at 6:26, walked from SMN to the bridge and took quite a few photos that I think came out decently. I stayed on the bridge from 6:40 until 7:20, freezing I returned to SMN to catch the next bus back home so I could let Sam back in after her run, eat breakfast, drink coffee and collect my things for class. It's now 8:32 and I am still cold, but it is supposed to be warm today, so I'm gonna change, get ready and head back out to the bus stop.

Ciao! Buona Giornata!

No comments:

Post a Comment